Listed below are the different lash shapes we use at The Doll House Lash Lounge and the dolls that inspired each look. FAQ’s follow.
Classic Doll Lash- Naturally opens the eye. Wide set and down turned eyes benefit greatly from this shape.
Kewpie Doll Lash- Longer Classic Lash. Lifts the eye, giving an open appearance. Great for deep set/hooded eyes, wide set eyes, and droopy eyes.
Baby Doll Lash- Opens the eye especially at the outer corners. For wide/deep set and hooded eyes.
China Doll Lash- Elongates and draws the eye upward. Balances close set and protruding eyes. Recommended for almond shapes and mono lids.
Lurish Doll Lash- A feathered China Doll, lighter for those not able to support a China Doll. Camouflages mono lids, close set, and protruding eyes.
Bradley Doll Lash- Another alternative to the China Doll Lash. A bit shorter but the placement lifts down turned eyes.
Bisque Doll Lash- Spikey exotic look. Disguises mono and hooded lids.
Boudoir Doll Lash- Extremely feathered lash. Great for a glamorous celeb look. Also amazing for mono and hooded lids.
Matryoshka Doll Lash- Volume Lashes Coming Soon!!!
Voodoo Doll Lash- Rainbow color accents
EYELASH EXTENSIONS FAQ's & Aftercare
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash Extensions are an advanced technique used to lengthen and thicken your natural eyelashes. They are single strand lashes with a curved shape to replicate a natural eyelash. We use only quality extensions in faux mink and silk.
How will they look and feel?
When applied they will look seamlessly natural, only much longer and fuller. They will feel like your own eyelashes. The service itself is virtually painless and many of our lash dolls sleep through their set.
How long will my initial appointment take?
We take an artisan approach with our customers and will not rush your appointment. You can expect your first appointment to take approximately 75-120 minutes. Perfection takes time!
How long will my Eyelash Extensions Last?
When properly applied and cared for, your eyelash extensions will last for four to eight weeks. Please see the aftercare section on how to properly care for your eyelash extensions to maximize retention and longevity.
What is a fill and how often should I get one?
After your initial set of eyelash extensions you will receive instructions on how to care for them. Fills are done every one to four weeks depending on care and how quickly your eyelashes grow. An eyelash extension fill requires less time and the cost reflects.
Why do I lose some of my eyelashes?
Due to the natural growth cycle of your lashes you will find your natural eyelashes shed every 60-90 days as new ones grow in. We recommend getting a fill every one to four weeks to fill in your fresh lashes.
Will extensions damage my eyelashes?
Yes and no. Yes, your lashes can be damaged if you go to someone who was not properly trained and uses lower quality products, not intended for long term wear. With that being said here at The Doll House Salon Suite extensions are properly applied by a certified technician who uses quality products. Our eyelash extension application techniques, quality products, and innovative aftercare ensures your lash health.
A friend of mine is allergic to the products, is this common?
True allergic reactions do happen, but are rare. If you have developed an allergic reaction you may still wear extensions with some changes made to the aftercare process. What is more common is eye infection due to improperly washing and caring for your lashes. Waiting 24 hours to wash lashes and not washing your eyelashes the entire time you wear them are the most common causes of infections. Imagine not washing the head on your hair for weeks or months. This is the most common reason wearers lose their lashes prematurely.
Can I use eyelash growth products with my extensions?
Lash growth products that contain steroids change the composition of your lashes and accelerate your eyelash shedding cycle, therefore we cannot guarantee the outcome. Natural lash growth products containing peptides are wonderful and will have no adverse effect on the longevity of your extensions. Ask your technician for recommendations.
Will I still need to use mascara?
No, you will not need to use mascara with your lash extensions, but for nights that you want extra drama you can use a water-based mascara. We carry an extension safe brand as well. We also offer a service to add a semi-permanent mascara that lasts four to eight weeks. See the aftercare section below for tips on using mascara.
Now that you have Illumino lush lashes take note of these tips to maintain them. With proper care and fills your eyelashes can last indefinitely.
- Do not get your eyelashes wet for the first two hours.
- Do not use a spa, sauna or pool for the first 24 hours. The extensions need that amount of time to properly bond.
- Avoid pulling or rubbing your eyes.
- Do not use eyelash curlers with your extensions. With proper application you will not need them.
- ONLY use oil-free makeup remover. If your eyelashes are tangled or crossed over, use the Spoolie given to you during your appointment to gently brush them straight and put them in place. You can order a longer lasting sealer to extend the wear of your lash extensions in between fills.
- Proper hygiene is very important. Please keep lashes clean by regular washing. We have a special foaming lash cleanser available for purchase in our salon.
- Use only mascaras that are safe for eyelash extensions, no oil-based or waterproof mascaras. We have an extension safe mascara available to order at your appointment. Only apply the mascara to the tips of your lashes.
- After showering avoid rubbing lashes, it best to blot them with a towel and let them air dry.
- You can also dry the lashes by using a hair dryer on the cool setting and blowing them dry from the bottom up. It makes them curlier and fluffy.
- Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive.
- The Doll House Lash Lounge recommends touch-up appointments every one to four weeks to maintain your new eyelash extensions.